This form registers your event only. Ensure your space has been reserved prior to submitting this form. If you'd prefer a paper copy, you may complete the PDF version and return it to the Student Affairs office, Elrod Commons 334 or email it to Lynn Fitch at

Be certain that this form is submitted at least 4 weeks before a major event and 2 weeks before any other event.

Outdoor events must end by midnight. All other events must end by 1:00 AM.

Will you be serving alcohol?
Outdoor events with alcohol must use a tent with sides (except during all-campus events).
Events targeting undergraduate students may not mention alcohol in any PR or advertising materials. You may state "Valid ID Required" on PR or advertising materials.
Will you be serving food?
Snacks and water/non-alcoholic beverages must be served if alcohol is served.
University policy gives W&L Dining Services the first right of refusal for all on-campus events. Please contact Derrick Smith (540.458.8698, or Alvin Wheeler (540.458.4635). If W&L Dining Services is unavailable, you may then seek an outside caterer.
Will the event involve any speaker who is a candidate for a political office?
Is the event expected to result in any statements being made for or against any candidate or incumbent for any political office?
Will the event involve any other third party speaker, entertainer, presenter, etc.?
Will the event have live or amplified music?
If your event is being held outdoors, you will need to secure an Amplified Sound Permit from the Police Department in City Hall to show at your event.
You’ll need an approved copy of this form to obtain the Permit.
Will the event have any signage or promotional displays?
No signage or promotional displays related to Events may be affixed to any University building. All signage and promotional displays related to Events must be approved in advance as part of the Event Registration. All External Student Groups must additionally receive approval for any signage or promotional displays with the Director of Student Activities in advance. All non-student External Groups must receive approval for signage or promotional displays from the specific University facility being requested. All signage or promotional displays related to an Event must identify the individual/group responsible for the signage/promotional display and must be removed within two hours of the conclusion of the Event.
Have you met the insurance requirements for this event, including providing a certificate of insurance naming Washington and Lee University, its officers, trustees, employees, agents, and volunteers as Additional Insureds?
For more details regarding this requirement, please view the Facilities Use Policy.